So last night we talked mainly about conference issues. Here are some highlights:
- There are 12 speakers confirmed so far
- We are trying to figure out what types of gifts we will be giving the speakers (IU stuff like a sweatshirt or t-shirt, Upland, other local gift ideas?)
- Should we provide little gifts for the attendees of? If so, do we have the budget
- We will have an online registration and there will be about 400 spots available. BCEC members, MEISA members, and Union Board members will have first pick.
- We will also need volunteers for day-of stuff. If you would like to be a volunteer, let Jamie know and she can put you on the list.
- The conference will cost everyone $10 unless you volunteer.
- The after party will be at Cafe Django later that evening.
I know I probably did not cover everything that we talked about in the meeting, so if you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to ask any of the officers or check the FB page.
Also, Larry Jacobson was at the meeting last night and he is helping us out a lot with this conference. If you subscribe to his website, http://www.larrymjacobson.com/, you may get some great info about the music business and other successful tips for succeeding in the business! Subscribe for free 🙂
Hope you all have a great week